How can we improve RFP365?

Better (aka more) document formatting options)

There is limited text and document formatting options I believe, so when a document is exported to Word there is too much additional work required to make the document look good according to our corporate style. Wasted time I'm afraid.

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

rwade shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminDavid Hulsen (Client Success, RFP365) commented  · 

If you utilize a custom Word template, you can set up the styles. The Proposal title comes out in Word as Heading 1, Section titles as Heading 2, and Questions as Heading 3. The responses export as Normal Text. Images are exported inline.

• Scott McGrath commented  · 

Seems like it should be possible to do some sort of style mapping though when opening the word doc that would apply an existing style sheet that builds on the default editor styles. No doubt a lot of painfully high blood pressure would be generating figuring out how to produce the specifics reliably, but it might be a task that a solid Office IT resource could spend a day figuring out? Just a thought. My admin staff has been very pleased overall with the ease of final prep, esp over the old days when Word cutting and pasting was the workflow. Shudder.

• AdminDavid Hulsen (Client Success, RFP365) commented  · 

The formatting options are dictated by the text editor. For a web-based editor, this is the best one on the market (we license it from the creator). Microsoft Word obviously has built a plethora of formatting options over the years. We continue to upgrade the editor as new releases are published.

Feedback and Knowledge Base