Just as you can with a Word Document (.docx) or a PDF (.pdf), you are now able to import your Excel (.xlsx) files. What's more, by importing the original Excel file, you can now export it out back into its original format and it will maintain the original formatting you received it in.
To bring in your import, start by creating a new Proposal (Import RFP):
1. Click on the orange NEW PROPOSAL button in the upper right hand corner from your Proposals page.
2. Fill out the various details on the following pages such as deadlines etc.
3. Choose the Import RFP option to the left of the page featuring the Word, PDF and Excel logos within the button.
4. Click the blue Import RFP button and navigate out to your saved Excel spreadsheet/RFP.
5. Finally, click on the CREATE YOUR PROPOSAL button at the bottom of the page to upload your Excel spreadsheet or workbook.
The next page will be a simple outline of the Excel Workbook with its sheets (accessible in the drop-down) and its rows and columns. The Excel Import tool includes ways to map:
- Responses - Manual/Knowledge
- Headers, etc.
If you get confused, simply press the Tour button, or see our additional step-by-step instructions on order (here) and navigation (here).
You will see your Legend menu to your right as you go along. It will look like this, you can also hide it by pressing the "< Legend" text.
Here are more tips on how to properly set up an Excel Import in RFP365 (previously linked to above as well).
Tips for Excel Import Suggested Order and Efficiency:
Excel Import: How to navigate and Select Cells: